Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tonto National Monument

This isn't a campground at all but it's in between Cholla, Windy Hill, Bermuda Flats campgrounds and Orange Peel (picnic site... no overnight stays.)This is Lake Roosevelt in the Tonto National Forest. I didn't go up to the monument because I really couldn't take the dogs. I also didn't want them alone at the jeep and barking. I've seen the monument in the past up close and it's something else.

All the campgrounds are $6.00
Bathroom: Yes and it's immaculate
Group host\Ranger: Yes, Ranger. My proof of purchase wasn't on my car for 15 minutes when a ranger pulled up and checked it. He waived and left.
Crowded i.e. lots of space for dogs: 5 of 5 stars
Type: Desert lakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about cats?

Unknown said...

I have a cat but my Jake (my boy dog) doesn't like him. They are fine togther in the house but the Sidekick is to small. Thanks for looking Tom.